Versace since 1875
The Versace family jewellery business was founded in 1875 by Agostino Versace in Cittanova, in the province of Reggio Calabria. In the early 1900s, his son Tullio set up a manufacturing company producing fine jewellery and gold creations in Vicenza. In 1926 the family business returned to Calabria and the cav. Tullio Versace Company was established in Reggio, becoming official retailer of the prestigious Rolex brand in 1939.
After Tullio’s death, his wife Maria, with courage and determination and against her family’s will, resolved to carry on the business. It was she who introduced a refined selection of exquisite crystal and fine bone china besides jewellery and silverware in order to widen the offer of luxury items.
In the 1970s her son Agostino took over the family business and today it is his niece Valeria – fourth generation Versace – who welcomes customers and jewellery lovers with the same refined style.
150 years of history
The Casa Savoia royal warrant
In 1941 the Cav. Tullio Versace Company was appointed silverware and jewellery supplier to the Real Casa Savoia, hence the Savoia crest was introduced alongside the company brand to advertise its royal patronage.